Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Smiling pink diamonds cardigan

I had originally intended to knit a short-sleeved top from this yarn, but when I saw this pattern pop up on Ravelry I decided that no, it would become a cardigan instead.  The name comes from the stitch pattern - Smiling Diamonds - which I found online here.



And so here it is, my second cardigan for me-made May.  This yarn (Fyberspates Scrumptious 4-ply) is just so soft and has a wonderful sheen.


I've had the buttons in my stash for a while - they are from Textile Garden.


I decided to continue the pattern onto the back of this cardigan.

Most of the cardigans I knit have stocking stitch backs, but I thought this was such a pretty stitch pattern that I would continue it on to the back too.  Fortuitously the pattern repeat worked out just right.  Usual construction - knitted in one piece up to the armholes, separated for front and back, top down sleeves, two-stitch one-row buttonholes and an i-cord neckline.  So predictable ;-)

This colour is perfect for summer, so I'm expecting to wear it quite a bit over the next few months!



1 comment: