Friday, 21 April 2017

Suffragette City

I'd been wanting to knit another Your Victory jumper for a while but not necessarily in red white and blue.  I love purple and green together so I tried a couple of stripe sequences and decided the one on the left looked better so that's the one I went with.  The name is a nod to both the colour combo and David Bowie.


This is such an easy pattern to knit.  My first version had long sleeves but this colour combination made me think of spring so I decided to do short sleeves this time round.  I had to change the rate of increases on the sleeves to get the right number of stitches at the point of casting off for the armholes, and I picked up and knitted the neckband in the round.  Other than that I followed the pattern.


I really like this and may well knit another one - there are lots of lovely versions on Ravelry with different colour combinations.

2 comments:

  1. love it in this colour combo - you've done so much good knitting ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe it just seems that way because it's all being blogged about much more quickly than it was knitted ;-)

      Delete