Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Honeybee cardigan no 2

I love this pattern, I think the lace is just so pretty.  This is the second version I have knit - I knitted the first one in spring 2013 (pre this blog) and as far as I can remember followed the pattern to the letter for that one.  This time round though I just used the lace panel on the front and did the sleeves top down (rather than from the bottom up and then join at the underarms and knit up from there all in one, which is how the pattern is written).

The yarn is Madelinetosh Sock in Button Jar Blue - I absolutely love this colourway - it's a shame it's been discontinued.

I spent a while trying to decide which buttons to use - toning or contrasting.  As you can see I went for contrasting in the end - I bought these in John Lewis.

I love this cardigan, the colour just makes me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment