Sunday, 27 April 2014

Emery the First, Sew Dolly Clackett No 2

So, here is my first Emery (there will be several more, I'm working on the second one this weekend) and the second dress for the Sew Dolly Clackett sewalong.  I've seen several cropping up in blogland - check out Sarah's blog, she's made lots of lovely versions, I particularly like the one she's posted today, and her la de freaking da dress.  All the reviews have been good so finally I caved and bought the pattern and I'm so pleased that I did.

I decided that I would do a sleeveless version first, for quickness, to see how it fits.  I didn't self-line the bodice (I used white cotton lawn instead), and I didn't follow the bodice construction notes that came with the pattern either.  I'm really pleased with the fit, I did a size 6 bodice and a size 10 skirt - to give it a bit more fullness - and I didn't have to shorten the skirt, which is a big plus :-).  Like By Hand London's Elisalex and Anna dresses, this is going to be another go-to pattern for me.

I have no idea how Roisin is going to choose winners for this competition so many gorgeous dresses have been entered and I love lots of them.  I also now have a whole lot more blogs to follow and a much longer fabric wishlist!
Daisy Emery
Well, that's it for now, I'm off to finish Emery number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment