Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Another polka dot dress - Sew Dolly Clackett no 5

The last of the five dresses I entered into the Dolly Clackett sew along is this one - a Butterick reprint of one of their 1960 patterns.  This is the second dress I've made from this pattern and this version has a gathered skirt because I only bought 2 metres of this fabric and to cut the circle skirt of the pattern would have needed more.  Not sure what else I can say about it really - bought the fabric at Ally Pally last autumn, sewed up quickly, looks bigger on Myrtle than it is on me, although I think it could do with being a bit smaller in the bodice.  Maybe I'll take the side seams in at some point, but at the moment I can live with it.



Pink polka dot dress
I'm really pleased to have made these five dresses this month - I've missed sewing while I've been knitting.  Though now I'm missing knitting!  I have a cardigan I really want to get finished before it gets too warm to wear it, (I live in hope) so I think maybe I should have that as a me-made-May pledge - I will finish knitting my pink cardigan.  I also intend to wear a me-made dress to work every day during May - I might devote one week solely to bird print dresses.  Someone at work actually asked me when I was going to wear my Flamingolex again, which made me feel all warm inside - a dress that I have made has made a positive impression on someone - so it will definitely feature in the bird-print-week.  Now I must away and knit a few rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment